Awards & Achievements:
- Under Fred's leadership, Galvin at Windows won the Hotel Restaurant Team of the Year (Hotel Cateys 2007), Best Front of House (Tatler Awards 2007) and Best Hotel Bar (Imbibe Awards 2009).
- In 2010 Fred was nominated Manager of the year at the Cateys awards.
- In October 2011 Fred was awarded the "Personality of the year 2011" at the National Restaurant awards for his charity work and relentless promotion of his profession.
- In 2012 Fred was voted Educator of the year at the Imbibe awards.
- Fred launched National Waiters Day in December 2012, to celebrate all Front of House staff and inspire people in hospitality careers.
- At the 30th Cateys Awards Fred was awarded the prestigious Manager of the Year 2013 Cateys.
- In 2014 at the Imbibe Personality of the year awards 2014, Fred was nominated for Industry Legend of the year.
- In March 2014 Fred also received an Honorary MBA from the University of West London.
- In September 2014 Fred and his team at Galvin at Windows won the Food Service Award at the AA Awards 2014-2015.
- Fred is passionate about training and staff development. His boundless energy has him as the creator and driving force behind the Galvin Cup (cocktail competition) that awards young bartending talent and Galvin's Chance, a charity supporting underprivileged youth in 'front of house' in the best hotels, restaurants and bars of London and Scotland.
- Fred created The Mayfair Park and Tower Race to raise funds every year since 2008 for Galvin's Chance and in September 2012 he organised and fought Marcus Wareing in a boxing tournament called Rumble in the Kitchen which raised £55,000 for Galvin’s Chance. In January 2016 Fred received the British Citizen Award for his charitable work.
- He is a keen runner and amateur boxer and his motto is "learn forever, enjoy life and make a difference". His interests include philosophy, history, business and sports. He lives in Peckham and is the proud father of two beautiful children, Andrea and Matteo-Lucien.
– Fred is an acclaimed International Consultant in the customer services sector. He consults with international brands across a multitude of business sectors, aiding in a first class level of service within the DNA of the business. When filtered through to the customer facing experience, it is consistently proven to deliver higher repeat business and brand loyalty.
– The Good Service Charter is a framework with which to deliver a first class level of customer service within an organisation, whether that be a small independent bakery, right through to a multinational conglomerate. Fred has developed the Good Service Charter to ensure it applies directly to any sector, industry or business, it is geared towards maximising the impact of staff members through a clear understanding of key principles of first class customer service.
Fred is referred to as the “Service Jedi” or “Service Guru” by his peers and much of the British press. He has over 25 years of experience and is both an inspiring and very well respected figure in the Hospitality industry.
He co-hosted Michel Roux’s Service on BBC2 and is a regular on British national radio. He is the main man behind several high profile charities and events including National Waiter’s Day. Fred is also the creator and Director of The Art of Service.
He is an experienced coach and trainer and one of the very professionals whose talks resonate both in small private sessions and with a large gathering for worldwide corporations.
Fred ’s speeches are unique, informative, entertaining and provocative. He speaks enthusiastically about the contribution of great service to a customer’s experience, a brand’s longevity and reputation as well as its link to business survival and profitability.
For Fred it is about making excellence a habit in every part of life, teaching people about ownership, the beauty of rigour and discipline and helping delegates take responsibility for living their vision and values to the full.
Fred is comfortable talking to any sector and any audiences – customer service principles are the same across industries. Fred is very involved with many of his own charitable activities. When time allows he is happy to make time to speak and support other charities and worthwhile causes.